Sunday, November 13, 2011

Yet another fad?

I follow fad diets like a BELIEVER. I've tried paleo, Slimfast, Atkins, South Beach, the Cabbage Soup Diet...and I never stick with anything long enough to see real results.

Is this post about how I'm going to stop that and just follow the food pyramid, or eat whole foods, or something of that sort?

Nope... I've started Nutrisystem. I did it about 5 years ago and lost about 20 lbs, but it got old. The food was horrid.

I started three days ago at 201 lbs, and this morning I weighed in at 196! I'm not sure how much of it was water weight, but we shall see.

The diet is pricy. It was $233.00 for a months worth of food.. but you also add to that.

Breakfast:
-1 nutrisystem entree
-1 dairy or protein
-1 fruit

Lunch:
-1 nutrisystem entree
-1 dairy or protein
-2 vegetable servings

Snack:
-1 dairy or protein
-1 fruit

Dinner:
-1 nutrisystem entree
-1 fruit or vegetable
-2 vegetable servings (so a possibility of 3 altogether, if you wish)
-1 serving healthy fat

Dessert:
-1 nutrisystem dessert entree

So far I've been enjoying the food! Here a couple examples of the meals I've had:
Breakfast: nutrisystem granola, greek yogurt, and an apple. OR a chocolate muffin, a fried egg, and 1/2 a banana
snack: grapes and string cheese
lunch: nutrisystem tortilla soup with frozen veggies and 1/2 serving greek yogurt +half a serving of low fat cheese stirred in at the end
dinner: Nutrisystem mac & cheese (which I loved!) with a heaping side of sauteed bok choy and onions, and an apple
desserts: The BEST part. The mint cookie patty was amazing. The chocolate crunch bar was yummo.

I'm excited about this. I have a meal planner that has a check list - I just go down it for each meal to make sure I've fulfilled each requirement. No calorie counting, no counting points. They say to expect 1-2 lb loss a week. If that's right, then I should be 180 in time for my trip to Thailand. WHEEEEE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment