Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Slow and Steady?

Apparently, my body thinks that "slow and steady wins the race". 1.2 lbs lost this week. And I did awesome, so I'm proud of that number. I ate breakfast every single day. Oatmeal, of course; all sorts of different mixes! One day it was oats, a mashed bananer, new Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk (deeelish), and walnuts. Another day it was overnight oats; plain yogurt, oats, mashed bananer, and baking cocoa. Today it was oats, the ever-present bananer, almond butter, and blueberries. I LOOVE breakfast.

Lunches have also been spot on!! A few days this week I had wraps; hummus, bean sprouts, spinach, laughing cow cheese wedges, and julienned carrots with an apple and raw veggies on the side. A couple days were lean cuisines. Today was a spinach salad with bean sprouts, carrots, a leftover turkey burger from last night (crumbled over top) and a wee bit of pepperjack cheese.

Dinners? PHENOMENAL. Because this week is spring break. I have time to think. I have time to eat.

I have time to cooooook. Glorious.

One day it was turkey burgers and kale chips. Another, it was turkey curry with brown rice. Yet another? A stir-fry with bok choy and canadian bacon, with rice. Today was daring and delicious; spaghetti squash. I also browned some ground turkey, sauteed some onions, and added them to a jar of my newest Costco obsession; butternut squash pasta sauce. OMW (that's Word, not God. Yep, I roll like that). Fabulous. The squash was so filling that I packed up half of my bowl for lunch tomorrow.

Snacks? Carrots. Tangelos. At least two apples a day. Every afternoon at work, when I get my sweets cravings, I chop one up, toss it with cinnamon and splenda, and nuke it for a minute and a half. Heaven, I tell ya.

Yes, I'm hyped. The scale didn't reflect how hard I worked, but that's okay; because it's moving down. And I'm proud of myself. And more than that, I LOVED my eating this week. I enjoyed every morsel. I did NOT feel deprived.

As a side note, it appears that my kitty is on a new diet as well. I have two cats; a long haired angel, and a short haired demon. I was brushing Vila, the angel. I had a neat little pile of fur next to her. Mei Mei (aka Demon Kitty) ran up and swallowed the whole pile in one gulp and then walked away. We'll see how that turns out for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment