Friday, June 18, 2010

Drooling... drooling...




These are amazing, no? The lil' baby oranges are true, grown-in-my-city Mandarin oranges during my time in China. You have never tasted an orange until you've tasted these. The peel comes off in one easy flick, and the juice is just HEAVENLY.

And that spiky torture device? That's a rambutan. I don't know how to explain the taste, unless you've had a longan before... I guess it may taste similar to a lychee? You peel it and the spiky skin comes off, leaving a clearish/cloudy flesh that tastes like nothing you've ever had before. These are COMPLETELY addicting. I am told that sometimes you can find these in asian markets in the U.S. I found longans here, so who knows!

Anyway, hey there! Congratulations on making it to the weekend. :) I called in sick two days this week. I've been having some seriously funky health issues lately, and I was getting pretty darn worried. My parents both have digestive diseases (Mom has Crohn's disease, Dad has ulcerative colitis). I've been having some troubling symptoms, according to my mommy. After a trip to the doctor, it's been decided that I will be going off of dairy for a month. My doctor thinks that after a year of pretty much NO dairy, I may have developed lactose intolerance. I think I'd like to go with that one over the other possibilities! I'm instructed to keep away from it from a month and see if my symptoms go away. Me? No milk? No cheese?!

I've stocked up on a lil' soy milk and soy yogurt, and I'm going to have to become more inventive. It shall be an adventure!

In other news, I'm now the proud owner of a full-time fall college schedule. I have the summer to relax, and then things get crazy - full time work, full time school, part time play :)

Today, I embarrassed myself like never before.

I missed a mass email at my office yesterday since it was sick. It said that any sandals that "flip-flop" are now outlawed. Well, I din' know! I wore my cute white flip-flop heels today and flopped everywhere until I met the CEO at the door. We entered at the same time and walked beside each other.

I don't know what came over me.

I walked like a duck.

Seriously. I tried to stop the sound, and ended up walking like a duck. She looked over, gave me a little smile, and then turned towards the break room and went on her way.

What did I do? Slink back to my cubicle and let my cube-mates in on my debacle. Did it end there? No.

CEO was standing in the middle of the office as I walked towards the lunch room. I looked up, saw her, and fell right back into it. No thinking. Just doing. She looked at my supervisor, who was snickering at me, and asked "Is she okay?" I just hightailed it out. No explanation.

This is so unlike me. I have no explanation. None. But now she thinks I'm crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment