Monday, June 21, 2010

Perfect Weekend. Perfect.

Saturday, Hubby worked all day. I cleaned up a storm. It's so therapeutic sometimes - wiping down baseboards, sweeping hard wood, polishing hardware... the stuff that doesn't get done often, you know? My place looked brand spankin' new! (well, except that the house is 80 years old).
Saturday night, Hubby went to a brewery/pub with his dad and bro for Father's Day. Me and the sister-in-law sat on my couch, chatted, and... yes... watched Little Women. The Winona Ryder version. GEEZ I love that movie. It's my very favorite.
Sunday was Date Day. We've been so busy, and decided it was time for a day together. We took a road trip to a zoo an hour and a half away. They have baby giraffes! So cute. We wandered the zoo, and nature paths. I'm betting at least 3 miles altogether? We also ate out. I wasn't so good there. But I think with the walking and lunch, it was a wash. We drove home and went to see the new Karate Kid movie. It takes place in Beijing. Hubby and I both had tears in our eyes at certain points..when the kids do their morning exercises, when it showed a shot of the Forbidden City from a spot we stood, seeing the kids running and playing, and speaking in Chinese.
I used to think Chinese was a really harsh language... not fluid and pretty like French or Italian. I love it now, though. The tones are so interesting to listen to. It even sounds pretty!
Today I behaved myself food-wise. I need to... because I'm up to 209 lbs. Eek. Here is what I ate today...

oats
almonds
strawberries
carrots
broccoli
cilantro hummus
cherries
brown rice
stir fry (carrots, cabbage, chickpeas, snap peas, peas)

I may just treat myself to a piece of the banana bread my mom gave me today....

Anyway, life is good. I'm watching Babylon 5, petting my kitten, and relaxing. aaahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment