Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Bathroom is gone!!!

I've been positively gleeful all week.

Why?

Because I am getting a bathtub. It's the simple things in life, people. I'm one of those people that, if given the opportunity, takes bubble baths every night (complete with candles and a good book). However, I spent a year in China with only a standing shower.

And I found a cheap apartment once I got home last January...

With a teeny standing shower. I have to bend my knees to get my hair under it. However, our landlord loves us. He wants us to stay. And he called last weekend to inform us that we'd need to make arrangements for showers this thursday and friday, because he was having our crappy linoleum replaced with ceramic tile; and he was installing a TUB.

I've been grinning through my epic 4-hour accounting and Spanish classes, giggling as I work 8 hours on the same stupid report at work... and tossing restlessly in bed at night; thinking of how wonderful it will be.

Today, I knew that Husband was letting the maintenance man in this morning to begin. I assumed... two days of work. That means probably that the old stuff would be out today, and possibly I'd see a lovely new tub in my living room?

Nope. The bathroom was gutted. Walls stripped. floor ripped out. New particle board sitting loosely on the floor. Shower gone. Sink and shelving unit; gone. Toilet, sitting crooked on a pile of boards.

I saw Husband for two seconds after my class, before he left for work at 10:20 pm. He said only "I have a surprise for you".

Guess who is not going to sleep until he comes home at 3 am and tells me what the heck he's talking about?!

Anywho, I had a good week. Really good, actually. I love Weight Watchers. LOVE. I could stick with this for the long haul. I'm eating good food. I don't feel deprived. I did my 30 day shred workout... I even did an extra yoga/pilates video a couple days on top of it. I'm building abs under my flab!

1.4 lb loss yesterday. I'll TAKE IT! Do you know why? Because I feel muscles in my arms again :) And I climbed 4 flights of stairs at school today on a whim; and wasn't even winded.

My view has completely shifted. I am so much more focused now on FEELING good instead of specifically looking good. I love feeling like this. And now I can enjoy that bubble bath all the more...

unless Husband's surprise is that we are getting a brand new deluxe standing shower. Blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment