Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Walk of Shame.

That's kinda how I'm feeling right now... head hanging low, shoulders slouched, eyes averted...

Amy has been a bad, bad girl. Sorry, ladies. I've missed you. I've read you. I just haven't acknowledged you. I feel like a broken record. Again, I've gained it back. I used school and busy-ness as an excuse to get entirely too carried away; then the holidays came around, and I remember two days where all three meals consisted entirely of cookies and cheese.

The damage? Lots of pounds. I am up to 222 lbs. That's only 17 less than my all time high; and 28 higher than my low in China last year.

Sometimes I feel like I'm somehow sabotaging myself. In high school, I played tennis. Most of my matches consisted of me wiping the floor with my opponent in the first set; and then losing miserably in the second and third. The closer I got to my goal, the more I psyched myself out. I see the same thing happening with my health.

I'm on Day 30 (correction... this is an edit added later. Day 3. Not 30. I wrote this with a bit too much excitement, I guess) of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. She is kicking my @$$. Someone at work joked that I'm walking like the Tin Man. I'm back to eating healthy crap, not unhealthy crap. I start classes again in a few days. I will again be scarce on my blog; but I will not be absent.

And I have a Caribbean cruise booked for this May. I've got 5 months. Go.

1 comment:

  1. I...can completely relate. You can jump back on the horse and all those other random cliches!! I feel like I'm going through a detox of candies and holiday sweets, and it's rough but I'm happier doing that than I was scarfing all of it down :) congrats on finishing up the 30 day shred!!

    ReplyDelete